Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Inaugural Post

To begin I need to thank a friend of mine.  She has shown me, through her kind words and good deeds, the kind of person I aspire to become.  I really don't have the proper words,  and I doubt she knows the impact she has had on me, but there is something about the things she says and the way she lives her life that just make me feel good and gives me hope for the future.  So, before this becomes too creepy, I will simply say, thank you, Mia, for being my inspiration.

Now, on to the reason for this blog.  I have considered starting a blog for some time as a way to stay connected with family as we merrily "Carroll Along" from place to place, but never got around to it until a thing called Project 52 entered our lives.  What is Project 52, you ask?  Well, let me paraphrase from a good friend's blog:  The original Project 52 is from a blog called Simply Modern Mom.  It is simply, or not so simply, one date night a week, without children, either at home or out.  One of you plans the date and the other is taken on the date.  You can alternate back and forth who is in charge of the date.  Whoever plans the date will blog about the date and whoever is "taken" on the date will give critiques.  Anyone else who chooses to join in on the project can comment and post as well.  We can share ideas and come up with interesting and fun ways to "date" our spouses.


Our version of Project 52 will be one date night per week, at home, after the kids go to bed.  Our goal is to get very creative, spend little to no money, reconnect, and have fun "dating" each other.  This year marks the first year in recent history that we will potentially see each other all 52 weeks of the year.  Like many military families out there, our family is often separated for many weeks, to months at a time.  Project 52 came along at the perfect time for us!  These weekly dates will help us set aside time to reconnect and just enjoy being together.  I can't wait to see what we come up with.  Join us.


1 comment:

  1. awwww I just saw this and you made me tear up :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete